Intro- Henry Louis Gates Jr. is a well-respected Africa American writer, editor, scholar, educator, and American Literary Critic who enormously advanced the research of Black culture.
· Times 25 Most Influential Americans
· Director of W.E.B DuBois Institute for African Americans and African Research at Harvard
· PBS-Hosted several television shows( Tracing peoples genealogy)
· Discovered first novel published by an African American
Body Paragraph 1-The inspiration that led Henry to pursue everything that he has accomplished now, can be told with two short stories.
· Childhood story at the doctors
· Childhood story at grandpa (Casper)
· The stereotype of African Americans
Body Paragraph 2-Henry has used the new technology and resources to help many well-known people their own genealogy
· Talk about Henrys own Genealogy
· How it brings joy to people
Body Paragraph 3-The American Dream is reflected by everything Henry has overcome and accomplished to get where he is today.
· Broken stereotype (Facts) first Ph.D.
· Race is on the outside and not inside( Genealogy)
· Goal (Quote)
Conclusion – “The first step toward tolerance is respect and the first step towards respect is knowledge.”
· Knowledge is the key
· Don’t limit yourself to what others think you can’t accomplish