Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Response to 1984

"war is peace. freedom is slavery. ignorance is strength."
This quote was so much of what the book was. In all honesty I think it sums up  the book its self. Everything in  this book was so backwards and twisted and that is what this is.

"two and two make five."
I also thought this quote was very important because again it showed so much of what the book really was. It also showed what Winston's world he lived in was life. The twistedness of it is so wrong.

I took this book as a warning because it showed what our government could do.. or is already trying to do. From this experience I am now more aware of my surroundings and what is going on. I am also still thankful for the freedoms we do have. This book taught me to better know my rights as an American and to appreciate what freedoms I do have.

The loss of privacy is probably one of the biggest things I can see in our world. Ever since 9.11 our rights have been taken away as citizens. With the wiretapping and everything else the Government is getting to intrusive. We can simply avoid this by meeting someone in person and having a conversation if we rather not have to Government know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment