Monday, February 18, 2013

Exploration 4

I loved this movie. I was very impressed with how much dedication these dancers showed at such a young age. I personally cannot relate to them because I have never done something like that that required so much dedication and hard work. I had no idea how much time, money, and work dancers put into their dancing dreams. Most of them counted on this competition to create opportunities that would benefit them for the rest of their lives as dancers. It was amazing to see their determination.

The dancer that stuck out to me the most was Michaela. She had such a bad injury and and was determined to go out there and risk the rest of her dancing career for this one opportunity. She said, "Even if I'm sick, even if I'm injured, I still dance." That is such a powerful quote. I was scared for her when she was performing because of her injury and one land in the wrong way would cause permanent damage. It was great to see the support from all the dancers friends, family, and coaches.

It was interesting to see the dancers individual stories because we got to know them on a personal level and see the hardships they had been through. In the end, when they were getting their rewards, I felt the emotion they were feeling because I knew how much it meant for them to win and that all their hard work paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment