Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Exploration 5


A couple years ago my brother and I were driving home from a 12 hour work day of detailing cars for a local dealership.  We were almost home and only had a couple for lights to go until we turned off of Polaris road. I happened to look in my side mirror and notice a cop car sideways in the turn lane trying to get closer in my lane. So traffic starts moving and I notice the cop behind me so I get over for him, and then it happened his lights went on and he pulled me and my bother over. The officer comes up to my window and says “License and registration please” he looked at it then says, “When’s the last time you smoked weed? “I said “I’ve never smoked weed before” then he says “come on don’t lie to me whens the last time you smoked” and once again I said “I’ve never smoked before sir” he continued to question that and wouldn’t believe me. So then I asked him why he pulled me over, he said “you didn’t have you turn signal on when you turned onto Polaris”. He then said he has never given anyone a ticket for not using their turn signal. And immediately says “can I search your car”.

                After he searched my car and 2 other cop cars showed up he ended up finding nothing like I knew he wouldn’t. He let me go after over 30 minutes of being pulled over. While I was pulled over I was never worried just pissed off and offended by what he asked me. After everything was over I realized why he was pulling me over, and it was because of what I was driving. I was driving a Cadillac Escalade with 26” wheels on it. Seeing that in the Polaris area probably isn’t very common so in the end I figure he was just profiling.

4 comments:

  1. Your story is pretty funny. I'm sure it wasn't too fun when it happened but now looking back it may be humorous. I got pulled over one time and I was asked to get out of my car because the gas station I passed was robbed and the getaway car was red, like mine. Eventually he let me go after about an hour of talking with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got pulled over last semester for having a loud exhaust, and the cop also tried to tell me that I didn't have my seatbelt on. I told him I did, because I clearly had it on, and he asked if I had it behind my back. Once again I said no, and he just looked at me for a second, and then finally gave up on that idea. It's definitely very frustrating when they accuse you of something for no reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! yeah they were definitely profiling. Cops can be such jerks.. it always seems that they are wasting their time with stupid stuff like this instead of stuff the really matters

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live near that area and I see that very common with cars getting pulled over and searched. At least you had nothing to hide when they were searching your car.

    ReplyDelete