Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Exploration 7

Football-Walter Camp, Ralph Hay, George Halas, John Outland, Jim Thorpe, Woody Hayes, Bear Bryant, Bo Schembechler, Lou Holtz, Paul Tagliabue.

Business-Henry Ford, John Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, Thomas Edison, Warren Buffet, Sam Walton, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg.

My two topics of interest would be the history of football, and how it came to be the most popular sport in the United States and the evolution of big business.

I chose the history of football because I love football. I like any level of football-high school, college, and the NFL. Most of the people that I found are guys that have made football how popular that it is today. There are a few players, but most of them are visionaries. They created the NFL, the forward pass, the best rivalry in sports, among many other things. This subject became famous because when people started to play the game, they liked it, so the game continued to grow. I think it has passed baseball as America's sport. Today, the Super Bowl is the most watched television event in the world, just about everyone in the U.S. watches it. If not for the football, then the commercials. College football dates back to the late 1800's, but the NFL started in 1920 in Canton, Ohio. The values or ideals that this subject symbolizes is a team. It has to be a team game, one player can't win a football game.

My other topic is the revolution of business. Henry Ford was the first large scale automobile manufacturer and begin mass production by the assembly line. John Rockefeller was huge in the petroleum industry, and Andrew Carnegie in the steel industry. The others all had huge inventions or started companies that are huge today. This subject became famous because the advancement of business goes along with technology allowing us to create products at lower costs, and revolutionary ideas. This topic has an influence on me because I am majoring in business. I am majoring in business because at one point I hope to start my own business that is successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment