Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Expo 9

One of the most important themes that i noticed when watching Fresh was the respect for nature. I feel like this was talked about in most of the interviews and it came up a bunch throughout the whole film. I thought a lot of the evidence was convincing.. they were pretty confident in it at least. It seems pretty convincing that feeding dead cows to cows is a bad idea since cows eat grass and there is kind've a big difference between eating a cow and eating grass.

I liked the statement about viewing "nature as a template" but I think that's easier said that done.I think all this stuff makes sense but i just don't know if it's possible. I think my favorite quote from the movie was "Americans fear inconvenience" because that's about the truest thing I've ever heard. As sad and pathetic as it sounds it's so true. Everyone's guilty of this somehow. Whether it's driving somewhere that you could easily walk to or getting fast food simply because it's fast, everyone does it. We care more about the price and the immediate satisfaction we get from something rather than how it will affect us later. I feel like if people could get over our obsession with having things at the tip of our finger tips, it would be easier to transition back to the way things used to be.

I also enjoyed how cute the baby pigs were. After watching this film I went and bought an avocado and am working on planting it :)

7 comments:

  1. I also liked the quote that "Americans fear inconvenience." Everyone is always looking for the easiest and fastest way and I think that is a major problem that America has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents actually plant there own vegetables and is pretty awesome because you save so much money and it is very healthy for you. It's good to see other people are trying it to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Americans fear Inconvenience" couldn't be a more true statement

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kind of wonder why we fear inconvenience. We always seem to rush around for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also liked the quote "Americans fear Inconvenience". Sadley it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baby pigs were also my favorite! Good luck on growing your avacado! Maybe i'll try to do that next month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah I agree, it is crazy for people to try and feed cows cows. It shows that these industries don't have a agricultural knowledge foundation, they just take the animals and don't read up on how and what that implies. They treat them like property, items.

    ReplyDelete